The modern security market demands rapid deployment of surveillance equipment which must be easy to use by operators carrying out their missions. The SkyScan2 is meant to be used by front-line security forces to detect threat emitters and provide real-time information to control centre commanders. This information can be critical in assessing the security scenario and gaining tactical advantage. While locating emitters, concurrent monitoring is also provided. The SkyScan2 can also be used for communication surveillance and information gathering during high risk events.
The SkyScan2 uses SkyMon-UI Software which can be run on a notebook or tablet PC. It provides the following capabilities:
- Frequency range 1 MHz to 6 GHz
- Frequency scanning
- Concurrent direction finding and monitoring
- Baseline DF capability
- Spectrum recording and playback
- Audio and IF recording and playback
The SkyScan2 can be deployed in the following operating environments:
- Transportable – the equipment is carried to an area and deployed. Full band operations are possible with HF and V/UHF antenna segments. In this scenario the SkyScan2 and antenna may be mounted on a quadpod.
- Mobile – the SkyScan2 is used together with a vehicle-mountable antenna for mobile operations.