- Ground-based tactical electronic support, electronic attack and radar interception
- COMINT and ELINT sensors provide coordinated, verified information across the frequency bands
- Complete, integrated reconnaissance and counter-measure operation
- Full-spectrum coverage, including HF, V/UHF and SHF
- Seamless multi-station deployment with integration of all forces
- Advanced automated processing and analysis
- Superior situational awareness, intelligence and countermeasures
- Crucial force multiplier
- Deployment flexibility: scalable and modular, from compact deployments up to strategic fixed sites
- EW building blocks comprising advanced GEW products and solutions
- System integration into a wide range of platforms, including legacy systems
- Growth paths for future-proof operation
- Designed and deployed according to client needs
The primary purpose of a tactical electronic warfare system (TEWS) is to support the battlefield commander in tactical decision making through the collection of enemy signal information (communication and radar) using an electronic support (ES) system. The battlefield commander could also use this information to disrupt enemy communications by deploying electronic attack (EA) capabilities. A secondary purpose of the system is to supply intercepted information to the strategic domain for processing, validation, analysis and decision making at their level.
A tactical EW system can cover the ranges of HF, V/UHF, SHF or a combination of all. A minimum of three ES stations is required for accurate location of target emitters by means of triangulation. Additional ES stations help to increase area coverage of the system and also to allow flexible assignment of triangulation baselines. EA stations can be added to the system for disruption of identified target transmitters.
Tactical EW systems range from single stations operating in standalone mode, to multiple interconnected stations operating in a fully integrated EW ecosystem, with EW capabilities configured and deployed for optimal performance in the theatre of operations. Tailored to the unique needs of clients and their operating environments, HENSOLDT’s tactical EW systems are designed to be platform independent, forming modular systems comprising integrated networks of man-pack, transportable, mobile and semi-mobile deployments.
Automated signal analysis
Integrated with an automated signal analysis system, the operational advantage of the system’s EW sensors and effectors is unleashed. This wideband automated signal analysis system is a must-have in any modern communications intelligence collection system. Able to autonomously detect, identify, locate, demodulate and decode multiple signals simultaneously in the band of interest, no transmissions can go unnoticed. Continuous signal buffering also means that no signal information is lost, allowing additional post processing to be performed. Unrivalled automated processing capability radically reduces the collection workload, allowing operators to focus on more important tasks, such as content and intelligence analysis